Hello Daniel, I've had exfo. cheilitis for more than 2 years now, and I was really desperate... until I found your YouTube channel! You really gave me hope 😁
I met several dermatologists, they gave me creams with cortisone and tacrolimus, and other stuff to try healing my lips, but it didn't work. Ultimately they said I shouldn't tear off the dead skin, because it worsens the condition, and I should let the lips by themselves (vaseline was fine though).
I see you came at the same conclusion, and I glad it worked for you. You look so full of life now, and that's very inspiring 😀
As I couldn't watch all 70-ish videos, I wanted to ask you here about some practical details :
- When your lips were finally cured, did they just suddenly stopped producing that skin layer ?
- Do you think it a global healing process, or was it localized on certain part of the lips ? For example, I am wondering if the lips will heal the bottom even if I peel off the top...
- So you didn't touch your lips in order to heal. However when you drank and ate, didn't it damages your lips ? Whenever I drink or brush my teeth, I fear the water will soften the dry skin and disturb it...
- I read you applied some aquaphor from time to time. Didn't you feel it soften/moisturize the dead skin too much ? And thus allowing it to move and separate even more from the "baby" skin.
- Finally, how long did it take for observing any "significant" improvement ? Is it 1-2 months, or more like 4-5 ? I will watch your vids more in depth though 😅 But I remember you healed in about 6 months.
Well that's pretty much my questions, I hope you will have time to answer them. I really think you website and forum can help people.